Wednesday, August 22, 2012

weepy

WARNING!  please pay attention to the title of this post.  when i think about what i am about to write, i get weepy every time.

first, i must apologize.  when i wrote the delivery story, i left an important fact out.  the entire time we were at the hospital, it felt like a dream, so it's no wonder why i totally forgot to add this in.  


yesterday at work, i was going back through my bookmarks on my youversion app.  you can highlight verses in the Bible on that app.  love it!  i came across Ephesians 3:14-16.  it says, "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being."

this is the verse that kirk read over me and lydia each night before she arrived.  each night before he and i went to sleep, he would get on his knees beside my hospital bed and read this verse.  (enter weepiness). 

we believe that the Bible is the very words of God, so we must seek to trust the words of scripture, for in doing so, we are seeking to trust God himself.  we trusted that God had named our family and that he would strengthen lydia and myself with power through his Spirit. 

i cannot believe that i left that out.  it is so important! thankful to be married to a man who "washes me with the word."


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment